The ICLP conference series has a long standing tradition of hosting a rich set of co-located workshops. ICLP workshops provide a unique opportunity for the presentation and discussion of work that can be preliminary in nature, novel ideas, and new open problems to a wide and interested audience.
Co-located workshops also provide an opportunity for presenting specialized topics and opportunities for intensive discussions and project collaboration. The topics of the workshops co-located with ICLP 2017 can cover any areas related to logic programming, (e.g., theory, implementation, environments, language issues, alternative paradigms, applications), including cross-disciplinary areas. However, any relevant workshop proposal will be considered.
The format of the workshop will be decided by the workshop organizers, but ample time should be allowed for general discussion. Workshops can vary in length, but the optimal duration will be half a day or a full day.
Those interested in organizing a workshop at ICLP 2017 are invited to submit a workshop proposal. Proposals should be in English and about two pages in length. They should contain:
- The title of the workshop.
- A brief technical description of the topics covered by the workshop.
- A discussion of the timeliness and relevance of the workshop.
- A list of some related workshops held in the last years
- The estimated length of the workshop and an estimate of the number of expected attendees.
- The names, affiliation and contact details (email, web page, phone) of the workshop organizers together with a designated contact person.
- Previous experience of the workshop organizers in workshop/conference organization.
Proposals are expected in text or PDF format. All proposals should be submitted by email to the Workshop Chair until March 27, 2017.
Each submitted proposal will be reviewed by the Workshop, Program and General Chairs. Proposals that appear well-organized and that fit the goals and scope of ICLP will be selected. The decision will be notified by email to the responsible organizer by April 10, 2017.
The definitive length of the workshop will be planned according to the number of submissions received by the different workshops. For every accepted workshop, the ICLP local organizers will prepare a meeting room. The workshops and the conference organizers will collaborate in establishing a uniform approach to produce uniform and accessible proceedings for the workshops.
Workshop Organizers’ Tasks
- Producing a “Call for Papers” for the workshop and posting it on the Internet and other means. A web page URL should be provided by May 1, 2017, and will be published on the ICLP 2017 home page.
- Providing a brief description of the workshop for the conference program.
- Reviewing/accepting submitted papers.
- Scheduling workshop activities in collaboration with the local organizers and the Workshop Chair.
- Providing a workshop program in a format specified by the conference organizers for posting by August 15, 2017.
- Coordinating the preparation of the workshop proceedings according to the specifications provided by the Workshop chair.
- Proposal submission deadline March 27, 2017
- Notification April 10, 2017
- Deadline for receipt of CFP and web page URL May 1, 2017
- Deadline for workshop program August 15, 2017
- ICLP workshops TBA
For additional information, please contact the Workshop Chair:
- Enrico Pontelli, New Mexico State University, USA (epontell at cs.nmsu.edu)